Saturday 3 May 2014

Ocean Room, The Rocks

Visited Ocean Room for the last time before it closed down.

It was a busy Thursday night as my friend and I decided to order the a la carte menu instead of the degustation.




We shared 3 entrees between us 2, it was really good for a starter.

Tuna creation (prepare in 5 styles in 5 condiments - $ 28)

Smoked Dome Ocean Trout (Table smoked,  slow cooked ocean trout,  avocado salsa,  ginger lime vinaigrette - $ 25)

Wasabi Prawn (Crispy king prawn,  wasabi aioli, petit wasbi croquette, wasabi tobiko, black sesame - $ 22)

For main, I was quite disappointed as I was expecting better from them. 

The pork that I've order was just an ordinary dish that I have tried before so it didn't really suprise me. 

Twice cooked pork belly (Simmered pork belly, melting tofu, seasonal vegetables,  yuzu chilli ponzu - $ 39)

Aburiyaki Wagyu (Wagyu beef harami served bleu, "hidakonra" charcoal grilled, garlic miso, spicy soy - $48)


Sweet Potato Mont Blanc (espresso ice cream crepe, sweet potato mash, dark chocolate jus, roast almond crush - $17)

   
 Toban Yaki Creme Brulee ( Classic creme brulee, pomelo marmalade, seasonal fruit compote - $ 18)

If they ever open again elsewhere, I wouldn't mind giving it another go as I was quite impressed of their degustation menu when I visited them the first time.

Address:
Ground level, Overseas Passenger Terminal,  The Rocks





No comments:

Post a Comment